Many people may not want to admit that some situations require hiring a lawyer to help them through. Some of these situations may be very serious, and it seems obvious that a lawyer is necessary, while others may be straightforward, and their simplicity makes us overlook the help we can get from lawyers. For this reason, you have to ensure that you have a lawyer who can stand with you when you are faced with legal issues despite their magnitude. A lawyer can advise you on whether or not you need their help, and having a lawyer you trust can save you from the stress of having to hire one every time you think you might need one. It will also prevent you from finding out you can use a lawyer’s help after you have already struggled through a situation.
Instances when you need a lawyer
There are so many types of lawyers available to offer you legal help any time you are faced with legal issues. It is up to you to know when you need the lawyers and which type of lawyers will be helpful depending on your situation. The following are some of the instances that you cannot handle successfully if you do not have any lawyers by your side.
- During a family crisis – A family is an essential part of any society. For this reason, every family should live in peace at all times. However, there are times when things are tough and issues arise. During such times, the people involved tend to get involved in disputes and may end up fighting. For this reason, you have to ensure that you have a family lawyer who will help you deal with family issues and alleviate family members from the stress of having to deal with them. The lawyers you hire for these family issues will also offer legal advice on what to do and refer you to other lawyers who might specialize in niche areas.
- In the case of workplace disputes – Most employees are not aware of the full rights of the people in their workplace. Although dangerous, many companies don’t adhere to workplace law. Therefore, this results in multiple disputes in the workplace, which are always tough to solve. Some of the situations that may arise include contract disputes, discrimination, and dismissal. Whenever such instances occur, it is always a good idea to get a lawyer to help you through.
- Lawsuits – Whenever people are sued for property or even money, it is always important that the involved consult lawyers and seek out answers. All the parties involved should have a lawyer representing them. Those being sued and those doing the suing will have legal representation at all times.
- When charged for a crime – If you have never faced any criminal charges, it may be challenging to see how scary it can get. However, when you talk to anyone who has been in this situation, they will tell you how they felt. Most people do not know their rights, so they can never defend themselves when in these situations. This is why you need to have lawyers that can help you in such situations since they will defend you and protect your rights.
Turnbull Legal have offices in Armidale and Coffs Harbour, and you can always contact them whenever you need legal aid.
When don’t you need lawyers?
There are also some situations when you do not need a lawyer. Some of these situations include:
- Traffic fines
- Small claims court
- Lawsuits you don’t need to contest